Monkey Junction is a place for me to spout off about nothing. This site will be filled with a bunch of useless knowledge from the world of music, movies, tv, and anything else that creeps it's way into my melon.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

WILCO'S NEW RECORD


WILCO / WILCO (The Album)

I just checked out the new Wilco record that comes out in the near future. My first go round I did not like it too much, everything kind of seemed to run together. Luckily I gave it another 2 or 3 listens because each time I give it a play it gets better and better.

This record is very similar to Sky Blue Sky. Great lyrics with haunting melodies. Once again they move away from the expiramental direction they had been heading and make an album that falls in line with their first couple of records as well as Uncle Tupelo.

If you get a chance check it out.

No comments: