Monkey Junction is a place for me to spout off about nothing. This site will be filled with a bunch of useless knowledge from the world of music, movies, tv, and anything else that creeps it's way into my melon.

Monday, July 9, 2007

SIX PACK...DRINK UP

1. WHITE STRIPES - ICKY THUMP

After their last album I did not have high hopes for this one. I was pleasantly surprised when I played this record cause it kicks major grizzly bear ass. By adding other instruments you would not expect on a WS album they have changed their sound yet still kept their bad assnes in tact. Who would have thought bag pipes, horns, organs etc mixed with the bare bones rock of the stripes would equal one hell of an album. The song "Conquest" is freakin' AWESOME!

2. JOHN DOE - A YEAR IN THE WILDERNESS

Pretty good record, nice to listen to, has a bite to it. His last couple of records were getting real mellow, but JD's edge is back with this one. It is a very nice listen when you want to chill out, or your sitting back sucking down a couple of brews. Another solid effort from the man from X.

3. MUTE MATH - MUTE MATH

I heard the song "Typical" for the first time. It was one of those songs that at first you are thinking eh, it's ok, but then as the song rolls to a climax, the pace picks up, it gets louder, stronger, really starts to kick ass. The rest of the album isn't as good as this song, bu tit is a nice listen. Check out the video for "Typical", it is pretty cool.

4. VELVET REVOLVER - LIBERTAD

AHHHH PURE ASS KICKIN' ROCK. I think this record may be better than the first one. The boys bring that good ol rock n roll swagger back to the forefront where it should be. They kick your ears in with good ol fashioned guitar rock n roll. HELL YEAH!

5. TI - TI vs TIP

I never really listened to TI. Then I heard "You Know What It Is", good tune. So of course I checked out his new record, and I am hooked. I usually listen to old rap with a few new guys every so often, but TI is definitely the real deal. His lyrics are really good and they are over some sweet beats. Glad I heard this track.

6. RYAN ADAMS - EASY TIGER

Not bad, not bad, Ryan has put out another solid album. When I first listened to it I was not sold on this record, but then I played it a few times the other day and it is growing on me. Very good lyrics, and it is not as countryfied as I originally had thought. It is not as good as Cold Roses but definitely is much better than Jacksonville City Nights or 29.

No comments: